Next: Protected Objects
Up: The Rendezvous
Previous: GNAT Implementation
The Rendezvous is the basic mechanism for synchronization and
communication of Ada tasks. In this chapter, the main aspects of the
GNAT implementation have been described. In summary:
- The run-time information associated with the entry call is
grouped into an Entry Call Record.
- The compiler generates one Entry Parameters Record
with the address of the real-parameters. GNARL registers the
address of this record in a field of the Entry Call Record.
- The entry queues are implemented by means of double linked
lists of Entry Call Records.
- Nested accepts are handled by means of one Accepted Entry Calls
Stack (a linked list of accepted Entry Call Records).
- An Accept Vector is used to evaluate the open guards of the
(c) Javier Miranda. Canary Islands (Spain), 2002. Version 1.0